The third block revolves around leisure. As a starting point we shall analize how people spend their free time in different countries
This will trigger discussion on how leisure changes depending on you age, place of residence or others.
- Listen to and watch videos of people talking about how they like to spend their leisure time.
- Listen to a person commenting on the benefits of physical exercise
- Listen to someone describing their hobby
- Listen to a song describing a painting
- Listen to a conversation describing the hidden message of a famous painting
- Discuss with your peers how you spend your leisure time.
- Interview people about their leisure time
- Compare changes in entertainment patterns according to sex/age/education
- Make an oral presentation on how people spend their leisure time
- Discuss what art if for you
- Describe a painting
- Read news stories connected with leisure time.
- Read texts from blogs and websites dealing with leisure time
- Read newspapers articles on new forms of entertainment.
- Read definitions of the concept of art
- Read descriptions of famous paintings
- Write an description of how you soend your leisure time
- Prepare questions for a survey about leisure time
- Design a presentations about leisure
- Write a description of a famous painting
Language knowledge and usage
- Questions/tag questions
- Reported speech
- Relative clauses
- Passive tenses
- Functional language: agreeing and disagreeing
- Leisure activities